If you need more information, support, or advice on sexism or any issues raised through this project then please see the list of organisations below who may be able to assist you:
- The Equality and Diversity Special Interest Group (E & D SIG): Through the 2015 CIfA conference, the E & D SIG was set up to tackle and address the issues of equality and diversity in archaeology. Although new, the group can be contacted on the details below.
Email: email@example.com (this allows you to contact the CIfA directly, who will forward queries to the group)
- Athena Swan Scheme: This scheme (founding idea of the #ArchSwan tag) champions the commitment to advancing the careers of women in higher education and research.
- The Everyday Sexism Project: The founding idea for the EveryDIGsexism project, and full of excellent advice for those who have suffered from sexism.
- Rights of Women: Free confidential legal advice for women in London.
Phone: 020 7251 6577
- Samaritains: Confidential 24 hour helpline.
Phone: 08457 90 90 90
As you can see, this page is very bare – if you have any suggestions of groups, societies or organisations that we can add to these lists, please do get in touch.